Last reviewed DATE
https://sosa.org.uk/ is maintained and managed by Sibford Old Scholars Association (we are an unincorporated organisation) this privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you, on this https://sosa.org.uk/ website.
We may update this policy to reflect changes in how we use your information. You may wish to check this policy each time you provide Sibford Old Scholars Association with your information. Where appropriate, we will provide you with notice of any significant changes to how we use your information.
1. What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect on our users come from three clear sources:
- Contact Form: Name, Email, Information added to body text.
- Membership Form and Third Party Sites: Name, Email, Address (only for Magazine), Name when at School, Years at School, Old Boarding House.
- Plugins: see plugins.
- Cookies: see cookies information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. We’ll use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to the site.
We try at all times to keep at all personal data collected and processed accurate and up-to-date, we rely on our users to do this too updating their preferences in MailChimp for example.
2. Who Do We Share Your Data With
We do not share your data with anybody without your permission. Your data is managed by:
Sibford Old Scholars Association https://sosa.org.uk/
HugeHug.Net (Hugo Finley) https://hugehug.net/ our web developer.
Sibford School https://www.sibfordschool.co.uk/ do undertake some of our marketing, and also on occasion will email Old Scholars about public events and news at the School.
3. Plugins and Third-Party Portals
Contact Forms 7
We have a contact form on the site. If you choose to message us, the contact form is emailed to our membership secretary. Furthermore, the message you send is stored in our Google Mail account until it is deemed no longer useful or all legal reasons for storing it have been surpassed. No further correspondence is stored beyond your original message.
- Personal Data collected: Name, email address, and any information to provide in the comment box and subject line.
- Place of processing: United Kingdom
- Personal Data collected: Usage Data.
- Place of processing: United States
We the following of tools to help us with marketing and making sure the site is secure and backed up regularly.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Place of processing: United States
4. 3rd Party Marketing and Social Media
We use MailChimp for our marketing, you can unsubscribe if you have subscribed by logging into their site. There is also an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mailing I have sent out from their site.
https://sosa.org.uk/ is using Mailchimp, Sibford School, Hugehug.Net and the Sibford Old Scholars Association Committee have access to. Mailchimp stores all its data in a secure cloud server, it’s a private account with no other individuals being able to access the data. Mailchimp is an email customer relationship management (CRM) system.
https://sosa.org.uk/ has a Facebook page, which Sibford School and Sibford Old Scholars Association Committee currently have access to and management of https://www.facebook.com/sibfordoldscholars. Facebook stores all it’s information and data on a remote secure server, it is a public page where anyone can find it, but only we will have access to data of individuals. Facebook is a social media network website.
https://sosa.org.uk/ currently has an Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/sibfordoldscholars/, which only Sibford Old Scholars Association Committee have access to. Any data Instagram collects is stored on a remote secure server, it is a public profile so anyone can view the posts, however, only we can see the data Instagram has collected. Instagram is a social media network website.
Any data Twitter collects is stored on a remote secure server, it is a public profile so anyone can view the posts, however only we can see the data Twitter has collected. Twitter is a social media network website.
We use a cookie placed on your computer to recognise you as a previous visitor to our website. We include some resources from other providers on our website. As such they will be able to see some information about you. For analysis of our website traffic, we use Google Analytics.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
6. What can you do if you are unhappy with how your personal data is processed?
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113 (local rate)
Last modification was made [DAY MONTH YEAR].
9. How to Contact Us
Sibford Old Scholars Association Committee